Thank you for your interest in partnering with Ozarks Food Harvest to help Transform Hunger into Hope.
As a nonprofit food distribution center, Ozarks Food Harvest collaborates with nonprofit agencies across 28 Missouri counties to provide emergency food assistance to southwest Missourians in need. It is important to know that food resources at The Food Bank are donation-driven, including surplus and salvageable products, donated by all components of the food industry such as manufacturers, retailers, food distributors and brokers, for example. Food drives and promotions are also an integral part of donations. Because inventory is not constant and availability is sometimes limited, OFH should act as a supplemental source of food for partner organizations. Member agencies should be prepared, when necessary, to secure donations from other sources.
Application Consideration: There must be an established need in your community for a new food program to be considered. Ozarks Food Harvest reserves the right to review the concentration of agencies in your community. In communities with higher concentration of agencies, we encourage collaboration with existing programs. Currently, The Food Bank is concentrating its focus on those agencies who reach underserved areas such as rural communities, where poverty is particularly severe and resources are limited. At this time, OFH is giving priority to applications from the following counties:
Preliminary Membership Requirements:: To receive an application for membership, organizations must:
- Have a 501(c)(3) nonprofit designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Have a history of distributing foods to those in need at absolutely no cost
- Have a clean, well-organized building
- Have staff members with proper food safety credentials or be willing to attend mandatory trainings prior to OFH membership
- Be willing and able to provide food to those in need without requiring the recipient to pay, work, or participate in prayer in order to eat or gain admission to the food distribution setting
- Organizations operating food assistance programs prior to or after church services (for instance, on Sunday or Wednesday evening) will require additional consideration for approval, due to OFH staff monitoring schedule
- Be more than 15 miles from an existing OFH-member pantry or hunger-relief partner site, excluding Greene and Jasper Counties—go to ozarksfoodharvest.org/directory.html to view existing OFH partners by county
Application Request: An application packet will be provided if the prospective agency meets the preliminary membership requirements. To submit a request please email contact information and a brief organizational overview to:: firstname.lastname@example.org
On-site Visit: Once the application packet is received and evaluated, an on-site visit will be conducted by OFH’s Member Services Team. On completion of the site visit, final recommendation for approval of membership will be made.
Please allow 4–6 weeks for the application process. Submitting an application does not guarantee membership.